I14 North American Championship
August 16-20 2019 (Registration/check in – August 16. Racing – August 16-20 see NOR for detailed schedule for each class )
Concussion Awareness following the Ontario Government decision that certain aspects of Rowan’s Law are coming into effect on Monday, July 1st, 2019. To review current information and requirement, check the Ontario Sailing website: https://ontariosailing.ca/concussion-information/
- Any participant who registers with or enters a regatta, after July 1st 2019 needs to do the following:
- Confirm you have read a Ministry Approved Concussion Awareness Resource.
- Confirm you have reviewed, and committed to, the Ontario Sailing Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct.
- Participants that register/enter prior to July 1st can continue to participate in activities. You will need to confirm both items next time you register.
- Coaches/Instructors need to also complete both items below.
- Confirm they have read a Ministry Approved Concussion Awareness Resource.
- Confirm they have reviewed, and committed to, the Ontario Sailing Coach Concussion Code of Conduct.
Below are the Ministry Approved Concussion Resources. There are three options based on age
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 10 and under – CLICK HERE.
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 11 to 14 – CLICK HERE.
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 15 and up – CLICK HERE.
Below are updated Ontario Sailing Concussion Codes of Conduct. They have been adjusted to meet some new specifics of the legislation.
Q6: I am a 25 year old adult do I need to do this?
A6: Legally, all participants under 26 years of age and all participants in a college or university program need to participate in all aspects of the Law. Certain aspects (Removal & Return to Sport) will apply to all ages. Ontario Sailing, and other sports, have decided for overall safety, as well as ease of administration for our clubs, coaches, officials and other volunteers, to have our policies and procedures implemented for participants of all ages.
Sailing Instructions English
SI Amendments / AVENANT
Instructions de course French
Course Diagram English
Schéma de course French
Liste des concurrents French
CORK Standards of Behaviour
Notice of Doping Control
Race Committee Notices
Protest Time Limit