CORK/Sail Kingston invites sailors to the CORK Olympic Classes Regatta, Sail Canada Senior Championships
August 16-20 2019 (Registration/check in – August 16. Racing – August 16-20 see NOR for detailed schedule for each class )
SI Amendments / AVENANT
- This will be the Sail Canada Senior Championship for the Laser Standard, Laser Radial, 49er, 49erFX & Finn classes.
- This will be the 49er and 49er FX North American Championships
- For the Laser Standard this will be a North American Grand Prix 30 point and a World Sailing 100 point event.
- For the Laser Radial Female this will be a World Sailing 100 point event.
- For Laser Radial Open this will be a North American Grand Prix 30 point event
- Attention Laser Standard Sailors: Both MKI and MKII Sails are class legal for all events. Please refer to pages 45-46 in the 2016 Handbook for measurement diagrams.
Concussion Awareness following the Ontario Government decision that certain aspects of Rowan’s Law are coming into effect on Monday, July 1st, 2019. To review current information and requirement, check the Ontario Sailing website: https://ontariosailing.ca/concussion-information/
- Any participant who registers with or enters a regatta, after July 1st 2019 needs to do the following:
- Confirm you have read a Ministry Approved Concussion Awareness Resource.
- Confirm you have reviewed, and committed to, the Ontario Sailing Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct.
- Participants that register/enter prior to July 1st can continue to participate in activities. You will need to confirm both items next time you register.
- Coaches/Instructors need to also complete both items below.
- Confirm they have read a Ministry Approved Concussion Awareness Resource.
- Confirm they have reviewed, and committed to, the Ontario Sailing Coach Concussion Code of Conduct.
Below are the Ministry Approved Concussion Resources. There are three options based on age
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 10 and under – CLICK HERE.
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 11 to 14 – CLICK HERE.
Concussion Awareness Resources Ages 15 and up – CLICK HERE.
Below are updated Ontario Sailing Concussion Codes of Conduct. They have been adjusted to meet some new specifics of the legislation.
Q6: I am a 25 year old adult do I need to do this?
A6: Legally, all participants under 26 years of age and all participants in a college or university program need to participate in all aspects of the Law. Certain aspects (Removal & Return to Sport) will apply to all ages. Ontario Sailing, and other sports, have decided for overall safety, as well as ease of administration for our clubs, coaches, officials and other volunteers, to have our policies and procedures implemented for participants of all ages.
Avis de course