All are welcome to visit the “CORK Village” this summer during the CORK August Regatta Series (11-26 of August). During this series, titles up for grabs include the Laser Radial Youth World Sailing Championships, the Sail Canada Youth and Senior National Championships, the J22 World Championships, the Finn Eastern Championships and the Sea Cadet Nationals. The full CORK Regatta Schedule can be found via www.cork.org/event-schedule
Highlights of Kingston’s Freshwater Sailing Festival during the August Regatta Series:
- August 14th -1900 Opening Ceremonies for CORK International- Sail Canada Youth Championships. Join in the festivities at Confederation Park as Kingston’s own World Champion Town Crier Chris Whyman welcome athletes from across Canada in historic Downtown Kingston.
- Spectator viewing guide which includes information on what sailing is all about, best spectator viewing vantage points and more
- CORK Village which includes sailing info booths
- CORK Spectator Boats. Jump onboard one of the spectator boats to watch racing excitement on the water
- Speaker Series, including a talk on the 2016 Olympics TBD
- Stretch and Shop event with Lululemon. All are welcome to partake in morning yoga and a Shop night at the Lululemon store in Downtown Kingston, dates TBD
Special thanks to the Celebrate Ontario Funding which has made the Kingston Freshwater Sailing Festival a possibility!